We are looking for sponsors in addition to our main supporter, the Centre for Public Scrutiny. Have a look below and see if it’s right for your organisation.
What are scrutiny zoom meetups?
During the lockdown Dave Mckenna and Matt Clack have been running some scrutiny zoom meetups. These are a free, informal opportunity to network and share some ideas and good practice for scrutiny. They are aimed at scrutiny officers and councillors are also very welcome. We have attendees from a range of councils from across England and Wales. The meetups keep growing and, based on what we hear from participants, we expect they will continue well after the current crisis,
As well as sharing helpful practice, these meet ups have been a chance for scrutiny officers to get more used to Zoom as a way of working together and supporting each other. From our evaluation forms, here are some of the things that people like about the meet ups:
- It was good to get an idea of where people are at, hearing different perspectives/experiences from colleagues about the challenges/solutions in their authorities, the fact that we were a mixed bunch was useful
- Was well chaired and the technology worked well
- Being able to share thoughts and challenges within the breakout rooms
- Learning about liberating structures
- Hearing what worked well/didn’t work well
- Networking with other officers around the country without leaving home. We should have an online meet-up even when we return to the office
- There was really good thinking on the topics and brainstorming of ideas that I found helpful and I am feeding this back in my Team
- Involvement of a wide range of wonderful people willing to give good practical support and advice so that being a scrutiny officer is not such a lonely existence
We have had a steady increase in sign-ups since we started in April with over 50 signing up for our 30th June meetup. A new mailing list, started in Mid-June, has over 60 subscribers.
Sponsoring a meetup (or three)
Sponsorship will pay for some of our time and allow us to keep facilitating the meetups, which we started as volunteers.
As a sponsor you will have your logo, linked to your website, featured on the event sign-up page, a special mention in the mailout and a special shout out from us at the start of each meetup.
We also hope you will join us at the meetups you sponsor. The meetups are highly interactive and, as a participant you will get the chance to mix with the attendees.
Contact Dave if you are interested and for details of our very modest sponsorship rates.