Here are the instructions for Meetup #10 – all adapted from Liberating Structures.
Nine Minute Networking (20 mins)
Two rounds of nine minutes in threes (or fours)
- What’s something you’ve done virtually this year that you are pleased about?
- What’s something your organisation has done virtually that has impressed you?
Appreciative Interviews (40 mins)
- Everyone invited to think of any scrutiny inquiry or review that you were involved in, that went reasonably well (real or virtual)
- In groups of 3 (or 4) allocate three roles:
- Interviewer – asks appreciative questions to learn about what helped
- Interviewee – answers the questions, focussing on the practical
- Note taker / time keeper – jots down the most interesting ideas and points about ‘what helped’ – keeps the group on time
- Each interview takes 7 mins
- Interviewer asks questions, interviewee answers (5 mins)
- Note taker feeds back the main points of ’what helped’ without response from the other group members (2 minutes)
- Rotate the roles around the group
- After three rounds the group uses the remaining time to discuss what stood out.
- Return to the main room and put the best answers in the chat
- Tell me about an inquiry that went reasonably well
- What helped to make it go well?
- What did you do?
- What else helped?
- What else?
- What else?
15% Solutions: What do we have the freedom and resources to do now? (20 mins)
- Alone, generate a list of 15% solutions (3 mins)
- In small groups briefly share your list, up to 3 mins per person, one at a time
- Staying in your group ask each other clarifying questions and build on suggestions using “yes…and” (10 mins or whatever is left)
- Return to the main room and share your favourite suggestions in the chat